Friday, October 17, 2008

Back and Forth, Back and Forth

So I'm not the lightest of packers. In fact, I think it would be safe to say I overpack. :D By A LOT. So this trip is a real challenge for me. (Kind of like going to France with Randy, the king of light packers.) Qantas allows 70 pounds per bag, but only allows 106 inches total for the suitcases (length+width+depth). My two medium size suitcases total 105.5 inches! Whew.

I cleared a spot in our closet to hang the things I'm considering taking. I walk in there numerous times a day. I usually stand and gaze at the choices and decide "I don't think I'll need that," grab an article off the rod, and put it back in the usual place in the closet. Then the next time I go in, I gaze at the clothing in the 'going on the trip' spot and decide "I think I don't have enough shirts" and grab the top (sometimes the same one, sometimes a different one) and put it back. (Or pants or sweater or whatever.)

It will be somewhat of a relief to actually cram all that stuff in the suitcases and be done with it!

1 comment:

Tami said...

What a hoot you are! I can just picture you doing that... don't need that, just kidding need that, don't need that, yes, I do. Bless your heart. You'll be glad to get on that ship and get on with the fun part!!